Sunday 11 February 2007

The Strangest Thing

Well, I can't get this bug to reproduce for the life of me. I've tried all sorts of stuff for ages and it just doesn't seem to be crashing any more. I went through the code and it all checks out. I guess whatever it was wasn't my fault. Still, I'd like to know.

I've finished up on the boss and now I've drawn and partially implemented a little scorpion. That's pretty narly. I need to implement a lot of bad guys, mostly from a list but I do need to brainstorm for some more non-mammalian creatures to use as enemies. If I make a sprite-sheet I am particularly proud of, I will post it here.

I was also thinking about what I'd like to achieve in the future with regards to games which I make. The next game I make will more than likely be a shmup because there's less of a media black-hole in regards to development of graphics with them. In the future I would also like to make a metal slug type game.

Here's a list of what my long-term game creation interests are:

-Levels streamed from the disk.
-Large seamless worlds (would be interesting in 2d, wouldn't it?)
-Pseudo-3d effects.
-Effective scripting or effective precompiled bytecode, similar to what is used in zDoom or Quake.
-Online cooperative play, as well as writing online games with fair protocols.

Oh, well I guess I have nice ideas for most of these but some of them are idle interests that I might expand on in the far, far future. Such as, 2015.

No comments: