Thursday 1 March 2007

A short break and a tall robot

I was away for a long weekend so I didn't do anything. Now I am finally back in the mood for game making, I worked on some sprites. I tried to draw a ladybird, but didn't really go very far with it. Then I decided to draw a giant robot. Here's my sprite sheet.

Copyright by me

I'm quite happy with how it turned out. This is actually for three sprites, the two legs and the main body, which will hopefully join up seamlessly in the game. I haven't quite decided how it's going to walk quite yet so it will probably need rejigging to get the leg animations to work right. Also featured are destroyed main body, stumps and feet of the robot for its death animation (which will feature a number of sparks, flames and smoke added in seperately).

I think it works well despite the fact it has dodgy perspective on the leg-joins. That should help it appear less like different objects in the game, though.

No comments: